The Mission of the New York State Capital District Association of Occupational Health Nurses (NYSCDAOHN) is to promote the profession of occupational health nursing following the philosophy of Northeast Association of Occupational Health Nurses (NEAOHN) and the American Association of Occupational Health Nurses (AAOHN).
The NYSCDAOHN serves as a resource to the members by providing increased communications, educational opportunities, networking, creating leadership opportunities, mentoring, outreach to communities functions to increase awareness of NYSCDAOHN and links to associated organizations, and influencing legislation and regulatory issues that impact health and safety.
We've partnered with a local SEO expert out of Long Island. This partnership with AOK NYC SEO promotes healthy websites through creative website design, optimization and conversions. All members receive a special discount for web services by mentioning our organization.
1. Constitute the professional association of registered nurses engaged in the practice of occupational health nursing.
2. Promote and provide continuing education in occupational health nursing for members.
3. Maintain the integrity and character of the nursing profession.
4. Improve community health by providing quality nursing service to workers.
5. Promote standards for occupational health nurses and occupational health nursing services.
6. Advance the profession through discussion of issues in the field of occupational health.
7. Promote health and safety of workers and support occupational health nursing practice through monitoring and influencing legislation and regulation.
8. Stimulate occupational health nurse participation and all nursing activities: local, state, regional and national.
9. To do, within the limits of the law, all things necessary, proper, incidental, suitable, useful and conducive to complete accomplishment of the forgoing purposes.