The Mission of the New York
State Capital District Association of Occupational Health Nurses (NYSCDAOHN) is to promote the profession of occupational
health nursing following the philosophy of Northeast Association of Occupational Health Nurses (NEAOHN) and the American Association
of Occupational Health Nurses (AAOHN).
The NYSCDAOHN serves as a resource to the members by providing increased communications, educational
opportunities, networking, creating leadership opportunities, mentoring, outreach to communities functions to increase awareness
of NYSCDAOHN and links to associated organizations, and influencing legislation and regulatory issues that impact health and
1. Constitute the professional association of registered nurses
engaged in the practice of occupational health nursing.
2. Promote and provide continuing
education in occupational health nursing for members.
3. Maintain the integrity and character
of the nursing profession.
4. Improve community health by providing quality nursing service
5. Promote standards for occupational health nurses and occupational
health nursing services.
6. Advance the profession through discussion of issues in the field
of occupational health.
7. Promote health and safety of workers and support occupational
health nursing practice through monitoring and influencing legislation and regulation.
Stimulate occupational health nurse participation and all nursing activities: local, state, regional and national.
9. To do, within the limits of the law, all things necessary, proper, incidental,
suitable, useful and conducive to complete accomplishment of the forgoing purposes.